The mission of NYIT Amman is focused on providing career-oriented real-world professional education while offering access, quality programming and unparalleled opportunity to all qualified students of amman and the Middle East.
NYIT programs are fully accredited by more than 10 international accreditation agencies and chartered by the Board of Regents of The University of the State of New York (NYU). One of the world’s most prestigious accreditation agencies; the Middle States Association for Colleges and schools (MSA) has accredited NYIT programs.
- Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools for the entire college.
- The school of Engineering and Computer Sciences at NYIT is accredited by ABET which is the leading agency in the accreditation of the engineering majors in the whole world.
- The Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET) for programs in electrical and mechanical engineering on the Old Westbury and Manhattan campuses, and mechanical engineering on the Old Westbury campus.
- The Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET for electrical engineering technology on the Old Westbury and - Manhattan campuses, and mechanical engineering technology on the Old Westbury campus.
Here is a list of some of the other accreditation agencies:
- The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA) for physician assistant.
- The National Architectural Accrediting Board for the Bachelor of Architecture.
- The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education for physical therapy.
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation for interior design.
- The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science for programs in medical technology on the Old Westbury campus.
- The Commission on Accreditation/Approval for Dietetics Education of the American Dietetic Association for the pre-professional program in clinical nutrition.
- The American Osteopathic Association for the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- The American Culinary Federation Educational Institute for culinary arts.
- The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association for occupational therapy.
NYIT is fully accredited by several ministries and governmental accreditation bodies in the Middle East region.
The Ministry of Education in Bahrain and the Ministry of Higher Education in Kuwait have granted NYIT full accreditation letters which enables Bahraini and Kuwaiti students to earn an American education locally, saving them the hassle and the expense of traveling abroad (**).
NYIT's programs in Jordan are offered through an academic contract with Jordan University of Science and Technology, JUST.
This contract gives mutual credibility and represents a symbol of outstanding cooperation between Jordanian and American educational institutes. NYIT programs are accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education as it is offered through one of the most reputable governmental universities in Jordan; JUST.